16.26.106 Section 106 amended.
Section 106 of the Uniform Building Code is amended to read as follows:
106.1 Permits Required. Except as specified in Section 106.2, no building or structure regulated by this code shall be erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, removed, converted or demolished unless a separate permit for each building or structure has first been obtained from the building official.
106.2 Work Exempt from Permit. A building permit shall not be required for the following:
1. One-story detached accessory buildings used as tool storage shed, playhouses, and similar uses, provided the floor area does not exceed 120 square feet (11.15 m2).
7. Platforms, walks and driveways not more than 30 inches (762 mm) above grade and not over any basement or story below.
8. Painting, papering, installation of floor covering and similar finish work, including cabinet work and installation of shelves.
10. Window awnings supported by an exterior wall of Group R, Division 3, and Group U Occupancies when projecting not more than 54 inches (1372 mm).
13. Site work on property, including but not limited to, sidewalks, curbs, parking lots, planter boxes.
16. Agricultural buildings less than 200 square feet in floor area.
17. Repairs which involve only the replacement of component parts or existing work with similar materials for the purpose of maintenance, do not cost, in the aggregate over $2,000 in any 12-month period for Group R, Division 3, and Group U Occupancies, $5,000 in all other occupancies, and does not affect any electrical, plumbing or mechanical installations. Repairs exempt from permit requirements shall not include any addition, chance or modification in the type of construction, in the means of egress or of any permanent fixtures or equipment.
19. Temporary construction toolsheds, fences, and jobsite offices on same property where construction is occurring under a valid building permit.
Exemption from the permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grant authorization for any work to be done in any manner in violation of the provisions of this code or any other laws or ordinances of this jurisdiction.